2018 Aston Martin DB11 V12 Coupe vs. 2017 Ferrari California T | Glenview, IL
Aston Martin or Ferrari? Discerning automotive aficionados have struggled with that question for over 50 years. However, when the 2018 Aston Martin DB11 V12 coupe and the 2017 Ferrari California T are compared side-by-side, the answer gets easier. Learn which of these GT cars stands out when it comes to power, drivability, and design below, and then schedule a viewing at Aston Martin of Glenview. Give us a call at (847) 904-1233 to see your new luxury performance model at our dealership in Glenview, IL.
2018 Aston Martin DB11 V12 Coupe vs. 2017 Ferrari California T: Engine Specs
How much power can you handle? The 2017 Ferrari California T is powered by a 3.9L turbocharged V8 engine, while the 2018 Aston Martin DB11 adds four more cylinders with its turbocharged 5.2L V12 engine that delivers greater power at every turn. Differences in engine specs for the DB11 and California T are as follows:
2018 Aston Martin DB11 V12 Coupe vs. 2017 Ferrari California T: Performance
The differences in performance between the Aston Martin DB11 V12 coupe and the Ferrari California T extend past the engine. While both models accelerate from 0-to-60 MPH in less than four seconds, there are several unique features that greatly impact performance. Performance features that differ in the two models include:
- The DB11 V12 coupe has a top speed of 200 MPH, while the Ferrari California tops out at 196 MPH
- The DB11 V12 coupe features an adaptive damping system with Skyhook technology that provides GT, Sport and Sport+ driving modes
- A deployable spoiler with the Aston Martin Aeroblade™ system is available only with the DB11
- A rear mid-mounted eight-speed automatic gearbox with an electronic shift-by-wire control system is standard with the DB11. The Ferrari California has a seven-speed shiftable automatic transmission.
2018 Aston Martin DB11 V12 Coupe vs. 2017 Ferrari California T: Design Elements
Developed to offer unique aesthetic design elements, the 2018 Aston Martin DB11 V12 coupe and the 2017 Ferrari California T appeal to discerning drivers. If you demand a more refined, precise design with supremely comfortable amenities, the Aston Martin DB11 V12 coupe is the right grand touring model for you. Take a look at the differences in styling and design between the Ferrari California T and the Aston Martin DB11 V12 coupe below, and then schedule an appointment to view yours at our boutique dealership in Glenview, IL.
- The DB11 surrounds you in leather with Strathmore leather seating, Alcantara® headlining, and black leather trim inlay
- The Ferrari California T has 19-in. wheels, but the DB11 V12 features 20-in. 10-spoke silver diamond turned wheels
- Front and rear parking sensors, along with a 360-degree bird’s eye camera are standard with the DB11, but not available for the California T
- Ventilated seats are standard equipment for the DB11, but not offered with the California T
- A gloss black splitter, diffuser, and sills highlight the exterior of the DB11. These features aren’t quite as prominent with the California T
2018 Aston Martin DB11 or 2017 Ferrari California: Which for my collection?
With greater power, smoother drivability, and a contemporary design profile, the 2018 Aston Martin DB11 V12 coupe has more to offer than the 2017 Ferrari California T. If you’re ready to schedule a viewing for your new GT model, contact a brand ambassador at Aston Martin of Glenview by calling (847) 904-1233 or through our appointment form